Re: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:16:32 +0200

Carter T Schonwald wrote:
it turns out that the whole issue, as speculated, was in fact due to
the time stamps on the files.

Thank you, Felix and Jonah.

You're welcome! Thanks for giving it a try.

on another note, is it possible to declare a variable to be an unsigned
integer of 16, 32, or 64 bits (at least 2 of the 3)? (or a vector of such
integers) It doesn't seem possible, but I just thought should ask anyway, as
for one my pet projects (a simple arbitrary precision integer arithmetic
library) such would be necessary in order for it to be practical to
implement efficiently in scheme instead of c++ or c, which I am not as
comfortable with.

No, there are not declarations beyond simple global ones (like
"(declare (fixnum))"). But I recommend SRFI-4 number vectors, which
are much more efficient both in time and space.