Re: [Chicken-users] Exception when threads are deadlocked?, cryptlib wra

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Exception when threads are deadlocked?, cryptlib wrappers
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:04:36 +0200

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:51:43 +0200, Thomas Chust <address@hidden> wrote:

Felix Winkelmann wrote:
[...]
So, one option would be to change the scheduler to throw the deadlock
exception to a particular thread, say, the primordial one.
 Would that be desirable? (comments are welcome)

I think that may be a good idea. But didn't this mean, that the exception would occur at a random point in the primordial thread?

Yes, but the important thing is that you can establish the handler
in a (dynamic) context *surrounding* the actual execution where
the deadlock can appear:

(handle-exceptions ... (main))

It may be useful to mark the deadlock exception, to make it easier
using `condition-case' to differentiate between different
exceptions.

I have packaged the files and you can download the egg at http://www.chust.org/projects/crypt.egg. A readme file for the egg can be found at http://www.chust.org/projects/crypt-readme.txt

If you consider it worth the effort, you may of course add this to the eggs page.

Thanks very much, I'd be happy to include it there.