[Chicken-users] making environments

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: [Chicken-users] making environments
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:15:46 +0200

Hi Felix,

I have some issue with environments. I would like to generate
a custom environments which is equal to the current
environment (interaction-environment) plus a set of
custom defined bindings. I don't want to pollute the
(interaction-environment) with those new bindings, so
I thought: "I will copy the interaction-environment and
extend it with the new bindings".
However I get the following:

#;> (require-extension environments)
#;> (define my-env (make-environment))
#;> (environment-copy (interaction-environment) my-env)
Error: can not copy interaction environment

So, how do I go? It would be enough for me to start
from a r5rs-like environment. The problem is that
make-environments returns a completely empty environment
which is not what I want (I want to evaluate Scheme
code in this environment).

TIA,

           Michele Simionato