Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload:

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload: broken pipe
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:21:58 +0200

gian paolo ciceri wrote:

Thanks Ed for your reply, but
I'm rather surprised than *before* I inserted the code
that catchs the SIGPIPE I was able to terminate the server with
SIGINT (CTRL+C in the terminal).

----

Using this, I'm able to terminate the server with SIGINT.

IMHO, there should be some trouble somewhere: if I don't
use any signal handler, the default SIGINT behaviour is honored,
but if I install an unrelated sighandler, for SIGPIPE, the SIGINT
behaviour doesn't work anymore and I've to explicitely install
an handler for this, too.

I probably made a mistake with the signal-handling stuff. Setting one
handler overrides the default behaviour, it seems. I'll take a look into
this.

| On a related subject, I found that there are interoperability issues
| with the XMLRPC client: It doesn't like talking to HTTP 1.1 servers. (Or
| is it that the server doesn't serve clients who submit HTTP 1.1
| requests? I'm not sure; it was a while ago.)

mmmmh. I was able to see pages via mozilla 1.7, so it seems Http 1.1
calls are supported

Well, Ed is probably talking about XML-RPC specific issues.

For Xml-Rpc there should be a standard validation suite at
http://www.xmlrpc.com/validator1Docs. Perhaps should be
opportune make xml-rpc chicken implementation compliant with this.

That one looks interesting. Thanks for the link!