Re: [Chicken-users] building readline extension on OSX problem: csc incl

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] building readline extension on OSX problem: csc include directory (-I switch)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:27:23 +0200

Ed Watkeys wrote:

On Aug 29, 2004, at 5:51 PM, gian paolo ciceri wrote:

Hi all,
in order to build readline extension on OSX
I need to specify as additional include directory
/sw/include and as additional lib /sw/lib (this is the
standard places of my fink-driven sw environment).

But when I try the -I switch for csc I take...

dottie:/tmp/readline.egg.dir root# /usr/local/bin/csc -s -O2 -d0 -I/sw/include readline.scm -L -lreadline -L -lncurses
csc: invalid option `-/'

Try sticking a "-C" in front of the "-I" -- it tells the compiler to pass the next option to the compiler, just like "-L" with the linker options.

Indeed. That's right. The option-parser for csc is admittedly broken:
everything it doesn't understand is split into one-character options.
So the error message is rather unhelpful. I'm going to fix this,
promised... ;-)