Re: [Chicken-users] status of chickenlib: build process and mysql interf

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] status of chickenlib: build process and mysql interface usage sample
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:28:34 +0200

gian paolo ciceri wrote:
Felix Winkelmann wrote:

[snip]

|> Two questions:
|> 1. any idea/plan how/to integrate them back
|> with a chicken-setup installation utility ?
|

| Well, mainly update the sources to the current state (quite a few
| things have changed in the language Chicken supports).

mmmh., I was thinking into producing one or more eggs out of
the current distribution.

Well, that would be nice.

|> 2. I'm particulary interested in the mysql interface:
|> any kind soul out there that can share with me a
|> sample of usage ?
|

| Sorry, I have never used them. From what little I know, it
| uses an approach by Oleg Kiselyov (see
| http://okmij.org/ftp/Scheme/#databases).
| But I'm not sure.

Yes, the author says he followed this approach -
but unfortunatley I wasn't able to find any code
snippet, or test program in order to have
a working example. From this fact my plea.

http://tinyurl.com/5ww5q looks interesting

Thanks for your patience,
have a nice day.

Thank you!