[Chicken-users] minGW and chicken

From: Clifford M STEIN
Subject: [Chicken-users] minGW and chicken
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:35:48 -0700

What is the "correct" way to build chicken under MinGW?

Cygwin:
I've tried the official Chicken-recommended procedure of running the
autogen.sh and configure.sh scripts under $CHICKEN_ROOT/mingw from
within cygwin (with my MSys/MinGW paths preceeding cygwin's), but that
doesn't seem to work too well for me.  I get a bizarre error:

autogen.sh cd:/cygdrive/c/Development/chicken-1.66/: No such file or
directory
Can't locate Automake/General.pm in @INC (@INC contains [huge path
listing])

MinGW:
When I just run the regular configure script in $CHICKEN_ROOT using the
MSys/MinGW package, everything seems to proceed smoothly until the
compiler hits 'posix.c'.  Then I get some errors:

errors building 'posix.c'
No:   sys/wait.h
      sys/utsname.h
      pwd.h
      sys/mman.h
followed by a long list of errors and warnings...

Does anyone have any comments/criticisms/insults? :-)

I'm new to the whole MinGW setup.  For what it's worth, I'm running the
MinGW package with gcc-3.2.3 in it (and the matching MSys).

Thanks!

--cliff