Re: [Chicken-users] static libraries in Linux

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] static libraries in Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:38:35 +0200

Andrey Fomichev wrote:
Hello!
I'm a bit confused building an example with static
libraries.The example is trivial and everything works
fine until I add -static option to chicken-config call.
Sorry for my stupid problem, I guess I don't understand something simple.

Operating System: RedHat Linux 9.0
Chicken version: 1.50
The log of my unsuccessful attempt is below.

$ gcc `chicken-config -static -libs` a.o

a.o has to come before the other libraries. The Linux
linker can only patch backward references, when linking statically.

$ gcc a.o `chicken-config -static -libs`

should work fine.

(Yes, that's a pretty stupid linker!)