[Chicken-users] new snapshot, shootout and cvs update

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] new snapshot, shootout and cvs update
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:22:15 +0200

CVS update:

- dynamic-and-unsafe marker was incorrectly generated for non-dynamic files
- added Sergey Khorev's additions to posixwin.scm (system-information, get-host-name, sleep, process, process-wait)
- posix: added `set-root-directory!'
- shootout: fixed heapsort, objinst and methcall use meroon, now

A new snapshot (1.70) is available at the website.

Chicken is now featured in the Great Computer Language Shootout:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/lang/chicken/

A few benchamrks are still broken, but we are working on them. But
the overall performance is quite good! (Note that a few heavyweight
benchmarks are not implemented or somewhat slow. Some others appear
to be broken, but run fine on my machine, so I guess there is something
wrong with the setup, or some silly bugs have crept in).