Re: [Chicken-users] multilingual fowl

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] multilingual fowl
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:04:52 +0200

Alex Shinn wrote:

The following 9 R5RS procedures would be changed:

  make-string string string-ref string-set! string-length
  substring string->list list->string string-fill!

I'm guessing these don't get inlined, but in unit extras we would have
3 I/O procedures:

  read-string write-string read-token

and 7 string procedures:

  string-chop string-translate string-translate*
  substring=? substring-ci=? substring-index substring-index-ci

The following of those you list above get currently inlined:

string-ref  string-set!  string-length

Wouldn't string=? and string-ci=? have to be treated specially
as well?

[...] Strings, on the other hand, are sluts [...]

I understand.

I just hope that one day I don't have to debug klingon source code... ;-)

Ah... sorry about the poor readability of the code, I just threw that
together in a couple hours to see if there was any interest in it.
I'll clean it up :)

Ahem, that was actually a lame joke about unicode aware languages.
Ignore it, please... :-)