Re: [Chicken-users] Hashtable is behaving unexpectedly

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Hashtable is behaving unexpectedly
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 07:44:53 +0200

Michael Erdmann wrote:
Thanks,

i am realy sorry for this. I found i out my self in a quiet
moment reading again the docu.

Any way i find the default value very strange since the
typical use case will not be to put in the same object
into the hashtable returning prevuously stored data for
the same object.

If you use symbols (a common situation), eqv? (or eq?)
is sufficient and fast, since symbols are always unique.
It also works for numbers, but I agree that there is a slight
catch when strings are involved.