Re: [Chicken-users] Expecption Handling with chicken

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Expecption Handling with chicken
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 00:02:05 +0200

Michael Erdmann wrote:
[...]
Is there any way that i can initiate a backtrace at my will?
[...]

Hello,

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "backtrace" in this context?

If you want something like a stack-dump: Compiled CHICKEN code with
debugging information generates such a thing when an uncaught exception
is encountered.

If you want to catch an exception and examine the stack yourself, you're
probably on your own. You should ask someone who knows the CHICKEN
internals better than me, how to do that...

If you mean to catch an exception and then return some value to the
position in the code which caused the exception, you should probably
implement your own exception handling mechanism using call/cc.

Ciao,
Thomas