[Chicken-users] Scheme Lex/Yacc implementation compatible with Chiken?

From: Jim Witte
Subject: [Chicken-users] Scheme Lex/Yacc implementation compatible with Chiken?
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:32:34 -0500

Hello,

I'm planning to write a compiler for NewtonScript source code that will put out NS bytecode, using Scheme lex and yacc libraries and then write the . I'd like the target language to be C for ease of compilation.

Will the lex and yacc scheme libraries included with the PLT (described here: http://www.eighty-twenty.net/blog/urn:www-eighty-twenty-net:1299.html) work with Chicken?

Or, since Chiken transforms Scheme into C, is there a way I could use C lex/yacc libraries to do the parsing, and then a Scheme program (transformed with Chicken) to do the compilation work?

Jim Witte
address@hidden
Indiana University CS