Re: [Chicken-users] Updated sdl.egg

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Updated sdl.egg
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:08:27 -0500

One more thing, you have the following comment:

;; NOTE: sdl-init does not work on MacOS X when called from a
;; dynamically-loaded extension. Something internal to Quartz seems to
;; get confused. You must call SDL_Init *directly* from your main
;; program

and then comment out the definition for sdl-init.  This may explain
why I was having trouble getting Gauche-SDL to work on MacOS X :/

However, sdl-init is extremely useful for interactive work from the
REPL.  Would it be acceptable to leave the binding in, or only
conditionally exclude it for MacOS X?  Otherwise I'm going to end up
either keeping a locally modified version of the sdl.egg, or build a
csi-sdl program that is just normal csi with 'sdl included statically
and initialized from main.

--
Alex