Re: [Chicken-users] define-syntax available *by default*?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] define-syntax available *by default*?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:05:17 +0100

Right, that's a shame :-( but is it a good enough reason to keep define-macro around as the *default* macro-expander? Would it be acceptable to you to have it available via command-line switch etc instead?

Tony

Michele Simionato wrote:
I take back my statement "high-level define-macro works better than
low-level define-macro".

For some reason it is subtly different: in particular it DOES not
work with an inner define-macro inside another define-macro, even in
the REPL, wherea the low-level system has not problems.