Re: [Chicken-users] Egg basket

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Egg basket
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:21:58 +0000

felix winkelmann wrote:
Arch, perhaps?

I've been using arch for about 6 months now for projects personal and professional, and it is... okay, actually. CVS is easier to use, but arch is far more powerful and solves many of the most important problems with CVS.

Yet, I'd still prefer an egg-specific solution. I can put up an upload
form on a certain server (with some very basic authentification, if
needed), and transmit any contributions directly to the main
web-site.

Something as simple as a .htaccess, https-only, PUT-verb-enabled web server might do. One directory per project, one htpasswd file per directory, nice simple way of administering subsections of the site, no custom code involved...?

Tony