[Chicken-users] The Test Infrastructure

From: Peter Keller
Subject: [Chicken-users] The Test Infrastructure
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:26:35 -0500

Hello,

I'm the author of the testing infrastructure, and now that it has been
a while, how do people feel about the test infrastructure as a whole?

Should it have been done differently? Has it stood the test of time? Is
it annoying/wonderful/tolerable to use?

After I had written it, I realized that I actually needed to write almost
a complete scheme implementation (including (test-let ...), etc) which tracked
what was being evaluated and where and would keep track of everything
for you so you could see exactly what happened in the output.

If more work were to happen on the testing infrastructure, should it continue
along the paths already laid down?

Thanks.

-pete