[Chicken-users] Building Chicken for Windows

From: Sergey Khorev
Subject: [Chicken-users] Building Chicken for Windows
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:45:50 +0300

1) I'm trying to build Chicken with MinGW and got a lot of errors
about unresolved references. Although when I "./configure
--disable-shared", all goes OK.  Is this Chicken problem or the
problem with my setup of MinGW+MSYS+msysDTK? I.e. does anyone tried to
build Chicken using MinGW?

2) MSVC-build of Chicken uses "static single-threaded" C runtime. It
means that every .exe and .dll contains its own C runtime. Isn't it
too expensive? Why not use dll runtime (msvcrt.dll)?

--
Sergey Khorev
http://iamphet.nm.ru