Re: [Chicken-users] A more detailed plea for help with FFI...

From: Joel Reymont
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A more detailed plea for help with FFI...
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:28:45 +0000

> Ed Watkeys wrote:

>This is something, suprisingly, has been far easier to deal with in
>Gambit than in Chicken. In Gambit (4.0b11), I can do something like
>this:

Ed, ever considered SWIG?

I have had nothing but success with it in trying to wrap RakNet, GuiChan
and SDL ;-). Some fixes had to be made to SWIG itself but John Lenz (the
Chicken module maintainer) has been fantastic in his support.

An issue to consider is that once you go with Chicken FFI you'll have a
very hard time using your eggs (or other eggs) with SWIG-interfaced code.
It's not known how to link the two right now.

BTW, all my wrapping was just running SWIG on the raw C and C++ header
files ;).

    Joel

--
OpenPoker: The Linux of poker software