[Chicken-users] foreign-lambda?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: [Chicken-users] foreign-lambda?
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:02:09 +0000

The only thing I can find between 1.79 and 1.86 that might be a relevant change for the problem I'm having is that various foreign-lambda macros have been removed from chicken-highlevel-macros.scm. The SDL binding uses the highlevel-macro support, so it might have made a difference...

On another tack, interestingly the literal symbol that the compiler is trying to emit when it crashes is 'heap-node, a record type identifier:

(define-record-type heap-node
  (make-heap-node* rank element left right)
  heap-node?
  (rank heap-node-rank)
  (element heap-node-element)
  (left heap-node-left)
  (right heap-node-right))

So here we have a SRFI-9 record definition expanding via the highlevel macro system into something presumably involving the registration of a record type with 'heap-node as a literal somewhere...

(sadly, compiling just that one definition in a file by itself succeeds with both compiler versions! so much for a small test case...)

Tony