Re: [Chicken-users] Compiled programs: no unless/let-optional macros?

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiled programs: no unless/let-optional macros?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:39:44 -0500

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:50:59 +0100, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Another problem that I came across (but more serious, I can't continue
> my project because of it):
>
> ----- foo.scm -------
> (define (test)
>   (unless #t
>     (display "bar")))
>
> (test)
> ---------------------
>
> Running a compiled Chicken program (the Spiffy webserver, but I don't think
> that matters), I get the following when (load)'ing foo.scm:
>
> bar
> Error: unbound variable: unless
>
> When I load the file from csi it displays nothing, not even an error. (ie,
> the correct behaviour)
>
> I already tried compiling spiffy with the -hygienic-at-run-time and
> -run-time-macros flags.  Nothing seems to help.
>
> It's not just the (unless) macro  (I could easily replace that by an
> (if (not ...))), but it's also let-optionals, a macro that I would really
> want to use.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Are you using a recent version of Chicken?
Both 'unless' and 'let-optionals' work with my version (1.74) both with
psyntax and without. Grepping Chicken sources I also get

./ChangeLog.0-20040412: - `let-optionals' and `define-entry-point' are now avail
able under the hygienic macro system

I haven't tried sniffy, anyway.

If I was you, I would upgrade and check the correcteness of my
installation. Also please send a snippet of the code exhibing the
problem.

   Michele Simionato