Re: [Chicken-users] TinyCLOS and circular references

From: Joel Reymont
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] TinyCLOS and circular references
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:22:42 +0000

> felix winkelmann wrote:

>Circular dependet units are currently not possible. For circular dependencies
>in method definitions, I recommend using a common superclass, which
>is defined up front.
>
>(I'm not sure that helps, perhaps you can give a small example?)

I was trying to specialize a method of <graphics> using <font> and a
method of <font> using <graphics>. This created a circular reference
which I resolved by using <top> instead.

Another solution is to split, say, <graphics> into graphics.scm (class
definition) and graphics_impl.scm (methods) and then use graphics.scm but
not graphics_impl.scm in font.scm.

    Joel

--
OpenPoker: The Linux of poker software