Re: [Chicken-users] REPL with emacs keys

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] REPL with emacs keys
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:37:54 -0500

On Jan 4, 2005, at 9:21 PM, Houman Zolfaghari wrote:

Joel wrote:

 if I launch /usr/local/
bin/csi from the Quack menu (Run Scheme) I don't think it's launching it
since I don't see the REPL. Any ideas?

I had the same problem, and solved it by adding the -:c option to csi.

csi -:c

(emacs on OSX has many small problems though...)

There's a tarball around somewhere that has a much more recent, capable version of Emacs for OS X. I built it from source and it's much better than the stock copy, whether you're using it from Terminal, X11, or as a Carbon/Cocoa/whatever app. (I didn't build and don't run the last variant.)

I wish I knew where the hell I downloaded it from. It took forever to find it.

Ed