Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup and cygwin: undefined references to "_

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup and cygwin: undefined references to "_C_" functions
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:18:50 +0100

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:57:13 -0500, Pierre-Alexandre Fournier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed chicken-1.89 on cygwin (on windows), and csi seems to
> work fine. Then when I try chicken-setup, I have this error:
>
>[...]
>
> (sorry for this long output)
>
> I had the same error with all the eggs I've tried, so I assume something
> is wrong with my installation. It seems like a file is not included
> somewhere. Someone has an idea of what's going on? It doesn't do that on
> GNU/Linux of course, so I assume it's platform related.

Building DLLs on cygwin is different than on normal UNIX machines.
The gcc invocation line used by csc is likely to be wrong here.
This is a constant grief with cygwin, and I'm not an expert enough
in it to tell you how to build dll's with it (the build procedure of Chicken
itself is handled via libtool, which (most of the time) does the right
thing with cygwin).
Is it possible for you to use the native WIndows tools? You can also
get them for free at the M$ website (VCtoolkit and platform sdk (core lib
only)), and you will get decent dll support and faster executables.

Sorry, for not being more helpful with this. Cygwin annoys me.