Re: [Chicken-users] Unit Testing

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Unit Testing
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:50:55 +0100

Patrick Brannan <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone looked into unit testing in Scheme? Though I am a
> recovering Java programmer and absolutely do not want to turn Scheme
> into Java I have to admit that JUnit and test-first development are
> good things from my perspective. I think it fits particularly well
> with dynamically typed languages like Scheme.
>
> Anyway, I found several "starts" for unit testing frameworks in Scheme
> or Lisp, but nothing polished. I would be interested in using my
> limited Scheme skills to create a simple unit testing framework for
> Scheme if I thought anyone would use it. At the very least I am going
> to do something crude to support my one programming efforts.
>
> Scheme / Lisp Unit Test Links;
>
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SchemeUnit
>
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?LispUnit
>
> http://www.lme.die.supsi.ch/~pedrazz/clos-unit/
>
> http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-building-a-unit-test-framework.html

You can have a also have a look my "port" (actually it's a micture of
guile-lib's (unit-test), which is GOOPS-based and clos-unit) of
CLOS-Unit to a slightly modified tiny-clos:

http://rotty-ipv4.yi.org/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/address@hidden/tiny-clos--dev--0--patch-1/scm/unit-test.scm

An usage example is this:

http://rotty-ipv4.yi.org/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/address@hidden/tiny-clos--dev--0--patch-1/scm/test-srfi-35.scm

You can download the my whole tiny-clos stuff (assuming you have tla installed):

tla register-archive
http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/2004-main
tla get address@hidden/tiny-clos--dev--0 tinyclos

Regards, Andy