Re: [Chicken-users] small C_file_info request

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] small C_file_info request
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:43:42 +0100

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:56:56 -0600 (CST), William Annis
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just spent a little time digging around posix.scm and runtime.c.
> You already have directory? and fifo? checks.  Could you add
> symbolic-link? and regular-file? to a future version?

Sure.

> I don't
> understand the motivation for the C_file_info approach you've used, so
> I hesitate to poke at it myself just now.

(##sys#file-info FILENAME) returns a vector, where the 5th slot
contains the type (that's 3 for a fifo and should be 2 for a symbolic link).
Strangely, it returns 0 for a symbolic link right now, but I'll fix this.
##sys#file-info is admittedly ugly, but I needed something that could
stuff several file-specific pieces of information into a data-structure, while
being reasonable portable. It's just low-level code.