Re: [Chicken-users] functions for hash tables

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] functions for hash tables
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:26:08 -0500

On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:15 PM, Ed Watkeys wrote:

I think conversations like these lead to the realization that at some level, the Common Lisp folks are right, and some sort of standard library definition is called for.

Or, as an alternative, we need a process for reviewing and blessing library definitions as consistent internally, with core scheme concepts, and other blessed libraries. People naturally expect to go through hell to get unblessed libraries to work on different implementations, so we should not get too concerned when changes in a proposed library break existing code.

I used to love Python, but as the standard library grows, you see more and more FunctionsLikeThis und_dieses etceci. Hardly a paragraph of code goes by without a trip to the Python.org library reference. It's sickening.

Ed