Re: [Chicken-users] foreign-lambda*

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] foreign-lambda*
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:50:26 -0800

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:44:05 -0800 (PST), Nicolas Pelletier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> felix winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > You can either use the tcc extension
> > (http://www.call.with-current-continuation.org/eggs/tcc.html),
> > or you can put the code into a temporary file,, compile into a dll/so
> > and load it dynamically (but that will grow the used code space,
> > because the loaded file can not be unloaded).
>
> Ok, I'l have a look at tcc. Thank you !

Oh, just in case: if the computed string can be created at compile-time,
you can of course use a macro that subsequently expands into
a foreign-lambda*. But if you create the code at run-time, then of course
an embedded C-compiler is needed.