[Chicken-users] require with lists

From: Toby Butzon
Subject: [Chicken-users] require with lists
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:54:30 -0500

I'm messing around with Chris Double's modal-web-server code using
Chicken 1.89. The code happens to have a few (require '()) lines in
it, as follows:

(require 'extras)
(require 'srfi-18)
(require '(ssax utils))
(require '(http server))

But csi (and csc, when the compiled output is run) choke, saying:

address@hidden modal-web-server $ csi ./modal-web-server.scm
  _, _,_ _  _, _,_ __, _, _
 / ` |_| | / ` |_/ |_  |\ |
Version 1, Build 89 - linux-unix-gnu-x86
(c)2000-2004 Felix L. Winkelmann
Error: (require) bad argument type - not a symbol: (ssax utils)

Couldn't find anything on Google or in the archives about this,
but it seems like something that would've been asked already if
it were a bug... my apologies if this has been answered before.

Thanks ;)

-- TB