Re: [Chicken-users] A project: mod_seas

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A project: mod_seas
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:53:40 -0500

On Feb 27, 2005, at 10:38 PM, Sunnan wrote:

Looks nice. Are you familiar with mod_lisp? It doesn't use sexps, so there's Some Assembly Required, but the idea's similar to yours.

Yeah, I remember looking at it, but something irritated me about it. I think it's mostly that it wasn't Apache 2.0 friendly. Some Googling reveals that apparently mod_lisp now works with 2.0. I was looking through the source code, and it looks overly complicated. But it works. Hmm.

I'm interested in parsing form data in QUERY_STRING and POST data, as well as cookies, and providing them in the request a-list. I'd like to hand the external process everything on a silver platter so the external process doesn't have to do any of the tedious request processing stuff that probably takes forever to run in interpreted Scheme.

I like my approach because all the external process needs to do is a (read) on the network port. In the last week, I've written external process programs in Gambit, Guile, SISC, and Chicken. It's extremely easy -- aside from the irritating issues with orderly server shutdown that I've encountered with each implementation I've used aside from SISC.

Ed