[Chicken-users] Non-cons data structures

From: Sunnan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Non-cons data structures
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:11:06 +0100

Which is the optimal way to define arbitrary data structures in Chicken Scheme? When working with things like oct-trees, skip lists and doubly-linked lists, what should I use to where a regular list uses a cons pair?

I know of several alternatives:
* Using cons pairs, nested in some beautiful way (could affect performance, allows use of more existing tools and libraries, is lispy)
* Using vectors
* Using records
* Using an object system (overkill; but could be useful if I want to inherit from my structure (which I probably don't.))

Between vectors and records, which will have the least performance penalty?