Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken GC

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken GC
Date: 23 Mar 2005 10:40:54 +0100

felix winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:

> There shouldn't be any GC limits - problems like this are more
> likely caused by corrupt data or performing callbacks without
> the proper annotations (i.e. performing callbacks from C to
> Scheme without going through a foreign-callback-lambda[*]).
>
> Can you provide some example code? Are you using the FFI
> and perhaps callbacks?

I am using  the FFI and foreign-lambda*. Execution  starts in C, which
either  CHICKEN_invoke  Scheme  (like eval-client/eval-server  in  the
examples  that come  with Chicken)  or call  a  define-embedded Scheme
function. The Scheme code uses  foreign-lambda*, but the code of these
foreign-lambda* does not call back into Scheme.

I bumped  the nursery from  its default 512KB  size up to 1M,  and the
problem vanished  (but I do not  feel too confident about  it). But it
will do for now, until I  can provide more information, and perhaps an
example of reasonable size, or I find what I screwed.

--
Nicolas
Foolproof operation: All parameters are hard coded.