Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken/tk widgets can't handler certain characters

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken/tk widgets can't handler certain characters
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:33:44 -0600

felix winkelmann wrote:

Ok, here is a patch.

Thank you, I'll try it. I'm afraid I went back to OCaml for the current project, mainly because I knew I could get it done in a reasonable amount of time. But I'm still interested in Chicken.

Boy, Tcl's quoting rules are sick!

Yep. I don't envy you.

It also appears to be the case that the amount of text that can be
sent at once is limited, so in this little example, I insert line by line:

Hmm ... I wonder if that's a consequence of using a pipe to Wish? I wonder how much work it would be to convert to an embedded Tcl interpreter.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA