Re: [Chicken-users] Return multiple values from foreign-lambda*

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Return multiple values from foreign-lambda*
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:14:07 +0200

On 5/8/05, Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Yes, this is kinda what I'm doing right now: I have the Chicken
> > function build a list with all the values and return it.  I am just
> > wondering if its possible to do away with this.
>
> I forgot to mention that one of the reasons I want to be able to
> return multiple values directly is to be able to use the types I
> define with defign-foreign-type and have Chicken *automatically*
> convert C-level objects to Scheme-level objects (using the retconvert
> functions).

Sorry, this is currently not possible. Using `foreign-primitive', one
can perform a normal CPS call (and hence, invoke the implicit
continuation `C_k' to return multiple values), but that wouldn't
perform foreign-type conversion.
Well, perhaps this can be extended. I check this out, but can't
guarantee a good fix yet.