[Chicken-users] serialization of functions, closures, continuations

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: [Chicken-users] serialization of functions, closures, continuations
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 02:42:59 -0400

Hi Felix, my subject says it all.

In Chicken:

1. Can I serialize a function?
2. Can I serialize a closure?
3. Can I serialize a continuation?

In particular, if I could do 3, I could save my program on the disk and
restart it later. I think this is impossible in general (i.e. if my program
does input-output with some external source such as a database)
but for self-contained programs it should be possible, right?
BTW, I cannot find anything in the manual about serialization.
even for points 1 and 2.

              Michele Simionato