Re: [Chicken-users] match-let and hygiene incompatible?

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] match-let and hygiene incompatible?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 23:58:47 -0400

On 5/19/05, Greg Buchholz <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Are hygienic macros incompatible with the pattern matching as
> described in...
>
> http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/manual/Unit-match.html
>
> ...When I use the "-hygienic" option, I get an error like...
>
>     Error: unbound variable: a
>
> ...for this piece of code...
>
>     (display (match-let (((a b c) (list 1 2 3)))
>                 (+ a b c)))
>
> ...Which works perfectly with no hygiene option specified.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Greg Buchholz

When you use hygienic rules you must (require 'match) explicitely.
I have pointed out the same issue to Felix a while ago, there also
other subtle differences between the two macro systems. You should
browse in the mailing list history for more (or maybe there is already
somewhere a page listing all the differences? if not, I should write one ;)

            Michele Simionato