Re: [Chicken-users] an ode to Spiffy

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] an ode to Spiffy
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:54:56 -0400

On 5/25/05, Dominique Boucher <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I can run
> > spiffy in a separate thread, add resources from the REPL, see
>
> How do you do that? Spiffy must be started in a separate thread, but it
> seems that the REPL blocks all other threads (at least under cygwin,
> AFAICT). I need to issue a (thread-sleep! 10) when I want to test a new
> resource handler. Am I missing something obvious?

Maybe not, cygwin gave me lots of troubles in the past (bizarre installation
issues). I am using this

  (define (start-server-debug . args)
   (thread-start!
    (lambda ()
      (apply start-server
        (append args (list root: "." debug: #t))))))

and it works under Linux, but I cannot test it under cygwin.

           Michele Simionato