Re: [Chicken-users] an ode to Spiffy

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] an ode to Spiffy
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:30:15 +0000

On Thu, 26 May 2005 11:35:16 +0200 felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 5/26/05, Peter Busser <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> BTW, while talking about SXML, has anyone looked at getting LAML to work on
>> Chicken? (http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/laml/)
>>

> I have started once but lost interest. It shouldn't be too hard to port,
> though...
>
> (Hint, hint!)

It may look a bit silly and ugly, but some time ago I made something
that looks like that (if my guess about what LAML is is correct --
couldn't read the papers yet).

It's at http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~mario/english/utils/web-scheme

Disclaimer:

- I made it without looking for previous work about this topic. So, if
  some ideas are badly implemented or if there things that just look too
  silly, it's my fault.

- The code is far from being good (horrible, in fact :-))

Originally it was just an attempt to get rid of some even more ugly
scripts I use to generate headers and footers to some of my html pages
and to use some programming stuff embedded in web pages with a cleaner
syntax.  Now it's not even that because I didn't convert those
pages. :-)

Best whishes,
Mario