Re: [Chicken-users] Compilers vs. interpreters

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compilers vs. interpreters
Date: 31 May 2005 09:18:54 +0200

Ed Watkeys <address@hidden> writes:

> All this talk of Chicken's differing behaviors when interpeting vs.
> compiling code has gotten me thinking. Who here uses compiled code
> and who here simply uses the interpreter? My work follows a rough
> 90/10 split: I never bother compiling the vast majority of the code I
> execute with Chicken.

For  me,  it  is  the  converse:  I  use  the  interpreter  for  small
experiments, but I always end up  compiling my code. This is because I
need to  embed Chicken inside C code,  and I am really  happy with how
easily this can be achieved with Chicken.

--
Nicolas
Don't hit the keys so hard, it hurts.