Re: [Chicken-users] Facilities on top of SRFI 37: args-fold

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Facilities on top of SRFI 37: args-fold
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:27:20 -0400

On 6/6/05, Zbigniew <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like your recipe.  Given a robust enough parser and perhaps some
> very minimal markup to help it along, it would cover a lot of cases.

Well, in Python I had to parse the usage string, in Scheme I would just
write the usage message as an s-expression, and I would generate the
usage string from it. So, no parsing problem at all.
I did some experiments months ago but I don't find the code now.

I think args-fold is affected by excessive generalization: 99% of times
something much simpler would do the job just fine (the same is true
for optparse in Python, BTW; I never needed all its functionalities in
real life).

            Michele Simionato