Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy still crashes occasionally

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy still crashes occasionally
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:28:35 +0200

On 7/13/05, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 7/11/05, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Thought it might be important to let people know:
> > Unfortunately Spiffy still crashes sometimes.  I have no idea what
> > causes it this time.  I ran a spiffy instance from GNU Screen to log
> > it, the last I got from its log was this:

Another thing you could try: have you stress-tested your server?
ab (apachebench) works quite well, or you could write some
custom HTTP-client that just requests random pages from your
site). You might also check whether memory-consumption (top)
or file-descriptor usage (lsof) grows during execution.