[Chicken-users] Problem with Syntax Case in 2.0

From: Dale Jordan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Problem with Syntax Case in 2.0
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:37:37 -0700

I have been experimenting with the implementation of srfi-57 which uses syntax-case and its module system. Under Chicken-1.89 I had added (at toplevel) a procedure definition to srfi-57.scm that was used in most of the modules. To be precise it was the following:

(define symbolic-identifier=?
  (lambda (x y)
     (eq? (syntax-object->datum x)
          (syntax-object->datum y))))

I also changed the references in the rest of the egg from literal-identifier=? to symbolic-identifier=?.

This compiled fine under 1.89.  Under 2.0 I get
  Error: unbound variable: symbolic-identifier=?

I have tried putting the definition in its own module and importing it and various permutations of eval-when, thinking it might be phase issue, but nothing seems to work. Any clues for the perplexed?

Unrelated, I note that the run command in srfi-57.setup has a "-R srfi-57" directive. Is this correct? It would seem to be either redundant or harmful (referencing a previously installed version).

Dale.
(PS: Happy Birthday and thanks for all the fowl.)