[Chicken-users] chicken-setup failure with gmp

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup failure with gmp
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:05:58 -0400

When I try to use chicken-setup to install the gmp egg, I get the error:

csc: invalid option `-H'

which I believe comes from this form in gmp.setup:

(make/proc
(map (lambda (s o) (list o (list s) (lambda () (run (csc -sH -O2 - d0 ,s -L -lgmp)))))
      sfiles ofiles)
(list->vector ofiles) )

Is there any way to correct this?

FWIW, I built and installed the gmp library from sources prior to trying to setup the gmp egg if that makes any difference.

Here is the full terminal transcript:

raffaelc$ sudo chicken-setup -keep gmp

The extension gmp does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes] yes
downloading catalog ...
downloading catalog from www.call-with-current-continuation.org ...
downloading gmp.egg from (www.call-with-current-continuation.org eggs 80) ...
  mkdir -p gmp.egg.dir
  gunzip -c ../gmp.egg | tar xvf -
gmp.setup
gmp_types.scm
gmp_test.scm
gmp_integer.scm
gmp_test_rational.scm
gmp_rational.scm
gmp_test_utils.scm
gmp_test_integer.scm
gmp.scm
gmp_test_float.scm
gmp_utils.scm
gmp_float.scm
gmp_random.scm
/usr/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -sH -O2 -d0 gmp_float.scm -L -lgmp
csc: invalid option `-H'
make: Failed to make gmp_float.so: shell invocation failed with non- zero return status
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"/usr/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -sH -O2 -d0 gmp_float.scm -L -...
64
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"/usr/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -sH -O2 -d0 gmp_float.scm -L -...
64

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.