[Chicken-users] Experimental controller/routes support in HTTP egg.

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: [Chicken-users] Experimental controller/routes support in HTTP egg.
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:12:28 -0400

Hi,

A week or two ago, I sent a message about a Ruby on Rails like routes core I had been working on. Well, I've added support in the HTTP egg. Enclosed is an archive with the modified egg with an example script. There are a few problems, but I think it's at the point where people can see the value of this feature, and perhaps get hooked enough to help out.

Known problems:

* Http:link-to doesn't always choose the optimal route. I need to make it search the entire list for the route that produces the shortest query string.

* Query string parameters are not symbol-ified the way path elements are.

* Error handling seems screwed up, but I don't know if it's any worse than the stock http-server error handling.

Approach:

I spliced a check into get/post-handler to see if the URL is compatible with any registered routes, and if so, a compatible controller is invoked if one can be found. That's the only procedure I changed. I added some other glue procedures to http-server.scm, added an updated version of the source file I released a couple weeks as http-controller.scm, and updated http.setup so that the new file will build as part of the HTTP egg.

To do:

* Create some procedures and/or syntax to simplify the writing of controller procedures.

Regards,
Ed

--
Transmogrify, LLC * <http://xmog.com/>