Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Bug in format: can't iterate over 100 values?

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Bug in format: can't iterate over 100 values?
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:13:38 -0500

> You may want to look at http://synthcode.com/scheme/cl-format.scm
> (Gauche Scheme, should be easily portable).  It provides an extensible
> format framework with inheritance, with example implementations for
> SRFI-28, SRFI-48, SRFI-19 date formatting, C's printf, and CL's
> format, minus programmatic features (I hadn't decided how to add them
> to the dispatch framework).

It doesn't support ~{, ~;, ~}, ~[, ~^, ~}, right?

The code looks interesting, though.  You've got a good framework
there.  :)

Would it be okay with you if I take some of the code there and include
it as part of my implementation?

> The ~F, ~E and ~G numeric formatters use clumsy string operations.
> If you look at the Hato project (http://synthcode.com/scheme/hato/)
> there is a much more clean and efficient 'write-number' module which
> provides a superset of CL's floating point formatting capability.

I'll look at it.

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---
---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( address@hidden  )=---