[Chicken-users] catch read & load errors?

From: Michael Benfield
Subject: [Chicken-users] catch read & load errors?
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:35:13 -0400

Hi -

I'm pretty new to Scheme in general and Chicken in particular. Both are awesome.

I'm wondering, though, is it possible to catch the errors generated by functions like read or load when they encounter bad syntax? I'd like to be able to use read to parse things or load to load files from within my program, but I can't do that if bad user input will just terminate my program. Or is there a different way to do this?

Thanks.

Mike Benfield