[Chicken-users] man egg updated

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: [Chicken-users] man egg updated
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:40:43 +0000

Hello,

The man egg was updated (version 2.0).  It's at
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~mario/misc/man.egg.

The new things are:

* man pages have more information (new fields: See also, Source, Author,
  Type).  The input file format also changed to cope with the addition
  of the new fields, but the new man egg is still compatible with the
  old format.

* the man egg includes documentation for itself, loaded automatically
  when the extension is loaded.

* the man files' suffix changed from .doc to .man.

The new file format is the following:

([<preamble>]
 ("obj1-name" "obj1-prototype" "obj1-description" "obj1-type" "see-also")
 ("obj2-name" "obj2-prototype" "obj2-description" "obj1-type" "see-also")
 ("objn-name" "objn-prototype" "objn-description" "objn-type" "see-also"))

<preamble> is an optional part consisting of items (lists) with the
following format:

("man:author" "The name of the author")
("man:source" "The source of the information (e.g., some egg)")

The "man:author" and "man:source" strings identify fields whose values
assumed to be the same to all items of the documentation.

As an example, I translated the documentation of the xosd egg to the man
format.  It's at http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~mario/misc/xosd.man.

Another example is the documentation of the man extension.

Now the help information for a given object is displayed according to
the following format:

,----[ $ csi -nq ]
| #;1> (use man)
| #;2> (man:load)
| #;3> (man:help 'continuation?)
| [procedure]  continuation?      (continuation? X)
|
| Returns  `#t' if  `X' is a continuation object, or  `#f' otherwise.
|
| Source: Chicken Manual
|
| Author: Felix L. Winkelmann
`----

Best wishes,