[Chicken-users] Re: Pinkeye

From: Noel Welsh
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: Pinkeye
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:07:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- address@hidden wrote:

> So I've been working on something called Pinkeye. It
> depends on the
> HTTP egg and Meroon. The goal is to develop a rich
> controller for an
> MVC-based web app development framework. I'm less
> interested in the M
> and V of MVC, because I know there are people already
> working on such
> things. The controller is event driven; I believe that
> good web apps
> are inherently event driven, so I'm not very interested
> in a
> continuation-based framework. (I think they're cool: No
> disrespect is
> intended.)
>
> Opinions, patches, scathing insults are all greatly
> appreciated.

You ask, you get:  Why you want to throw out the truly
great advantages that Scheme brings to web development is
beyond me.  If you aren't using continuations and your
output format is strings you might as well use Ruby 'cause
Scheme ain't buying you much!

That said, you might want to look at functional reactive
programming, particularly the FrTime system in PLT Scheme,
to see how event based code can be handled without
inversion of control problems.

Cheers,
Noel

AIM: noelhwelsh