Re: [Chicken-users] (new) gtk+ egg using swig

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] (new) gtk+ egg using swig
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:21:16 +0200

On 9/1/05, Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden> wrote:

> We have updated the eggs and added more information to the wiki.  The
> eggs published were created against gtk+ 2.6.9 (for different gtk+
> releases one would probably want to go through the whole process of
> regenerating the eggs from the swig interface files).

Very good. I have attached a patch with a few other things:

- I think it would be the best to include the .i files into the egg and
  run swig, if available from the setup script. The chances that a user
  has a different gtk version is high
- I also commented out the inclusion of gtkexpander.h - we probably
  should check the gtk version, here...
- The dialog-boxes examples should work slightly better now

Anyway, great work! I'm looking forward to some serious gtk
programming. Being pretty annoyed recently with Qt 4 will make
this even more delightful.