[Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers

From: Dmitry Lizorkin
Subject: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:58:40 +0400

Hello!

I am not quite familiar with Chicken macro system, and I cannot understand
the following result:

Version 2, Build 0 - linux-unix-gnu-x86 - [ dload ]
(c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (define-macro (make-sys-id id)
 (string->symbol (string-append "##sys#" (symbol->string id))))
#;2> ##sys#structure?
#<procedure>
#;3> (make-sys-id structure?)
Error: unbound variable: ##sys#structure?

I get the similar result with the compiled code as well.

Could you please explain this result to me? What should I do in order to
escape the # character in identifiers?

Regards,
Dmitry